Old December 9th 11, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.transport.london
canaldrifter canaldrifter is offline

Default 'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

On Dec 8, 10:39*pm, Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
01:54:13 on Thu, 8 Dec 2011, "
remarked:
Tfry this map...

http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/image...%20Map%202.pdf

Hurrah! That shows the BCN and Manchester Ship Canal "flyovers"
(although the latter is upside down).

But it's missing the Beeston & Nottingham Canal (through the city centre
rather than along the river).

Needs a little work in the Dudley No1 area too.

It's also missing the restored stretch of the Cromford Canal, though
admittedly it is isolated from the rest of the canal network.

Nick
--
Serendipity:http://www.leverton.org/blosxom(last update 29th March 2010)
* * * * "The Internet, a sort of ersatz counterfeit of real life"

StuartSampson, whn he was chairman, produced a similar simplified
waterways map, a copy of which, in colour, I am looking at on my desk
wall at this moment.

It was on the NABO Reports Forum, but that has disappeared.

When I get established shoresides next week I might scan it in for
comparison.

Tone