Old December 9th 11, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Tfl Christmas Travel Information

In message
s.com of Fri, 9 Dec 2011 00:04:49 in uk.transport.london, Paul
writes
On Dec 8, 2:25*pm, Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message
s.com of Thu, 8 Dec 2011 02:28:11 in uk.transport.london, Paul
writes

Does anyone know when TfL are planning to release their information on
what services they are going to run over the Christmas period?

Or are Tfl waiting for the result of the strike ballot on December
14th?

I don't know how this relates to the OP's enquiry, but it seems
tangentially relevant. The Journey Planner at http://journeyplanner.tfl
.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en shows "Information
regarding services over the Christmas period will be available in mid-
December", if I ask for a journey from Stratford to Canary Wharf and
specify an arrival time on 28 Dec 2011.

If I use the large print version at journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/bcl/XSLT_
TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en to make the same enquiry, no information of
any kind is returned.
I think my report of this to the LU CSC was done, yesterday.

A fix has yet to arrive.
--
Walter Briscoe

Presumably "mid December" then means about midnight on 24th December.

I thought I was cynical.

After all, Blackfriars tube station was supposed to open in "late
2011", and I saw a notice at Kings Cross this morning confirming that
it would open in "very late 2011" (ie 26 February 2012)

A few days ago, the planned closures showed Blackfriars opening in the
week before Christmas. It now shows it closed on Jan 6, 2012.
I was through there some days ago. A westbound District line train
announced the next stop is Blackfriars. An eastbound Circle line train
announced the next station is closed. LU did deliver the return of
Tottenham Court Road to the Northern line on the scheduled date of Nov
28.

I am not surprised there has been some slip in a 3 year program.
http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.../COUNTDOWN-TO-
COMPLETION-AT-BLACKFRIARS-194f/SearchCategoryID-8.aspx
confirms 26 February.
--
Walter Briscoe