Old February 15th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Corbett Andy Corbett is offline

Default Getting to Kew

You are travelling into Zone 4, so you have to pay for that... It is like saying..

I'll travel from Heathrow to Cockfosters, but trying to say that as they are both in Zone 6, you don't need to pay for zones 1-4

Andy
"Cast_Iron" wrote in message ...
Tim wrote:
I have a zone 1-3 travelcard loaded on my Oyster card, and want to
travel from Clapham Junction to Kew Gardens. This involves getting a
train to Richmond then changing for Kew Gardens.

However Richmond is in zone 4, which I have always assumed means
having to buy an extension ticket (for something over a pound). This
seems like an unreasonable expense & hassle, since I don't want to go
to zone 4 or to Richmond, it just happens to a necessary one-stop
detour on the way to Kew

Does anyone know whether I can (legaly) travel through Richmond
without buying an extension, since my starting point & destination
are bot covered by my travelcard (and I don't pass any ticket gates,
just walk from one platform to another)?

Also, with Oyster if I loaded on some prepay as well, with the
intention of it covering the extension part, how would I go about
doing that since I don't touch in/out at Richmond?

Thanks
Tim

Try this to find an alternative route.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/index.htm