Old December 10th 11, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tfl Christmas Travel Information

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

I've not been in London on Christmas Day for many years - I usually
end up far away where bus services run entirely as normal but then
Christmas is not a major public holiday in Asia. Apart from tourists
staying in the centre who might wish to get about is there any
discernible demand from Londoners to travel across the City on
Christmas Day? I've no idea but has anyone done any research or
polling in recent years? Are the roads clogged solid with people
trying to get about by taxi and car?

Certainly not that! I had to drive down from Cambridge to Putney late on
Christmas Eve last year to help my mother get away on Christmas morning
9hire car to Heathrow Airport). Both that drive and my return to Cambridge
were the fastest trips I've ever done (sticking to speed limits of course!).
The roads were empty. :-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel