Old February 16th 04, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Redonda Redonda is offline

Default Bus driver training?

Steve wrote:
"Redonda" wrote in
:

Do bus drivers get *any* sort of training in how to deal with the
public? This is an article from this week's East London Advertiser:

BUS ATTITUDE NOT QUITE THE TICKET.

Bus drivers are ignoring a wheelchair-bound East Ender and refusing
to lower ramps which allow him to get on board.

Pensioner John Clarke, 65, who lives on Mile End Road had his leg
amputated in June 2003. He said: "I don't like going out any more,"
adding that: "Taxis are more sympathetic, but they're so expensive".

Mr Clarke, a diabetic, protested to Bethnal Green and Bow MP Oona
King - a move which won him an apology from London Buses.

MP Oona said: "It's important that we encourage disabled pensioners
like Mr Clarke to retain their independence. Drivers must be properly
trained and supported in using ramps."

Surely the training needed is for the recruiters to determine the
******s and not recruit them

Unfortunately the question "Are you an antisocial ******?" is probably not
on the application form.
--