Old December 13th 11, 07:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
The Gardener The Gardener is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link plan approved by Government

On Dec 13, 7:03*pm, Scott wrote:

Also good to see that the locals are enthusiastic, unlike the whingers
in Edinburgh who are apparently now complaining to the United Nations:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-16165656

If they are worried about air pollution, I say build a public
transport system that runs on electricity and introduce a congestion
charge to discourage use of cars.

The problem is that there are always going to be whingers - ISTR a
similar mob (although not going so far as to complaining to the UN!)
about Croydon Tramlink, who became very silent after it had opened and
proved to be a success.

On the subject of Watford, I can only agree with those who say "and
not before time". This is the sort of project that should be
championed: relatively low-cost and largely using disused or under-
used heavy rail lines, to optimise their utility.

For historical interest, here's a pic of Croxley Green as was:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6053903...57626997351648