Old December 14th 11, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Boxing Day Tube Strike - What A Surprise

Should the management call their bluff and close the Underground for
the day? I am sure this would save a large sum of money and perhaps
assist with engineering. Loss of revenue would be limited because
some of the passengers must have season tickets and I don't expect
they could claim a refund, any more than claiming a refund for no
services on Christmas Day.

Have the TfL management, or any other's railway management, considered
calling for volunteers to be trained (and of course security, health etc
checked) as standby, volunteer drivers? I can see a host of problems
(sorry, "challenges") and expect there are many more I cannot see. But
I can also see (i) a lot of people queuing up to fulfil a childhood
dream and (ii) the prospect of a very big counterweight to the unions'
power.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid