Old December 15th 11, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Boxing Day Tube Strike - What A Surprise

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 00:23:46 -0800 (PST)
David B wrote:
Tube drivers get roughly the same as other main line train drivers (in
London) who incidentally don't have to work boxing day. They were also
told that only a skeleton service crewed by volunteers would run in
boxing day. Now LUL wants a full Saturday service.

And what? Which bit of the word "volunteer" are these numbnuts having a
problem with?

or (training a driver costs around 100k) or... Shall we just bung a
few volunteers with a tube driver and let em take the controls after a
few stations?

Given how useless drivers seem to be when there's a real problem would
anyone notice the difference? And on the automatic lines how hard can it
be to press a button. I suspect 90% fail because they're thick, not because
the job is hard. I've no doubt there are plenty of east europeans who would
work for half the wage and do a better job that the lazy, entitled idiots
who do it now.

B2003