Old December 15th 11, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Boxing Day Tube Strike - What A Surprise

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 03:31:37 -0800 (PST)
David B wrote:
And I'm sick of people telling us how easy our job is when they dont
have experience of both jobs. And no you can't compare a car and as
you don't drive both. I don't drive an automated train; I'm not a tube

So go on , tell us , whats so hard about driving a train?

Do you have to steer? No.
Do you have to judge other traffic and react accordingly? No.
Do you have to watch out for pedestrians? No.
Do you have to change gear? No.

On the tube they don't even have to worry about hitting anything because
it'll just trip if they go past a red signal.

Oh, but let be guess, you have to learn stopping distances so you don't
miss a station and "learn your route". Yeah, I bet that takes ****ing ages.

driver. But I do hold a manual license to drive coaches so I know what
one is like compared with the other. You're right most muppets have a

Are you seriously going to claim that driving a train is harder than driving
a bus?

Nurses deserve more pay. Why should GPs get over 100k when nurses get
a quarter that?

I don't think anyone will argue that nurses shouldn't be paid more. That
doesn't mean your exhorbitant salary is justified for your **** easy job.

B2003