Old December 16th 11, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Martin Edwards[_2_] Martin Edwards[_2_] is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link plan approved by Government

On 15/12/2011 08:38, Peter Masson wrote:

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote

The New Lines to Watford Junction, and the Bushey Triangle (to give
access to Croxley depot) were electrified in 1917, basically as soon
as the Bakerloo Line was ready to use it.

The Croxley Green branch was electrified in 1922 and the Rickmansworth
branch in 1927. This is just as likely to be post-war austerity and
dealing with Grouping as any other reason.

The Met Watford branch was opened in 1925, and electrified from the
start, though for the first few months half the service was provided by
steam GC trains from Marylebone. There was also, until 1934, a shuttle
service between Rickmansworth and Watford. When the Croxley link is
opened is there a case for an Amersham to Watford Junction service, as
well as Met trains from Aldgate/Baker Street?

Peter

Remind me: I am from Watford but live in Birmingham. There is a Croxley
and a Croxley Green Station. Which lines are they on?

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman