Old December 16th 11, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Crossrail TBMs unveiled

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:10:15 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:55:26 on Fri, 16 Dec
2011, d remarked:

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/news/pres...tunnelling-to-
start-in-less-than-100-days-as-first-tunnel-boring-machine-unveiled

Hmm , completion date in 2018 and no tunnelling even started? I won't hold
my breath for them to meet it then. The JLE took 6 years and thats about a 3rd
the size of this project.

There are eight TBMs (working from four sites) and a lot of preparatory
work has already taken place.

Fair enough. I wonder how much cable and other equipment will "disappear"
during construction like it did with the JLE.

B2003