Old December 19th 11, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default New boris bus breaks down

In message , at 11:40:48 on Mon, 19 Dec
2011, d remarked:
The circumstances (and some of the comments) are consistent with the
drive system becoming overloaded or overheated as a result of sustained
high speed.

I guess you mean the bit where it says "They claim the bus is not designed to
drive as far as Luton and therefore it needed a break". To me that sounds like
a bit of spin to disguise a problem.

It sounds to me like an honest non-spin version of what may have
happened.

I can't believe the hybrid system can't cope with doing 20 miles on a
motorway without overheating. That would just be **** poor engineering.

I was listening to R4 earlier today, where they mentioned that a new
scheme for dentist remuneration was having "teething problems". But I
digress. So can buses.

Also it would've taken a week to drive it from the factory in nothern
ireland.

How was it delivered? Could have been by boat to somewhere like Dartford
(I think some trains/trams have arrived via that route).