Old December 19th 11, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default New boris bus breaks down

Mizter T wrote on 19 December 2011 18:48:13 ...

On Dec 19, 5:54 pm, "Richard wrote:

Roland wrote:
[...]
"However when the bus undertakes long, non-stopping motorway
journeys, such as its journey to Bedfordshire this morning, it
can lose charge and the driver is briefed to pull to the side of
the road to allow the battery to recharge."

London to Bedfordshire is not a "long" journey. And briefing the driver
to stop on a motorway is tantamount to inciting a criminal offence. A
vehicle that is not able to drive from London to Luton on a motorway
should not be allowed on a motorway at all.

One wonders what the non-stop range is on a hot day with a full load and
the air conditioning at full stretch.

Er, what air conditioning?

I was sure I'd seen a reference to air conditioning in this thread, but
the only one I can find is on londonist. It's not mentioned in the TfL
press release. But the windows don't open! Are they really intending
to run a new bus in summer without air conditioning AND with no means of
opening any window? Perhaps this is another reason for having an open
rear platform, except it won't always be open.
--
Richard J.