Old December 19th 11, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default New boris bus breaks down

In message , at 20:20:28 on Mon,
19 Dec 2011, Richard J. remarked:

Er, what air conditioning?

I was sure I'd seen a reference to air conditioning in this thread, but
the only one I can find is on londonist. It's not mentioned in the TfL
press release. But the windows don't open! Are they really intending
to run a new bus in summer without air conditioning AND with no means
of opening any window? Perhaps this is another reason for having an
open rear platform, except it won't always be open.

I've seen reference to "air chillers", which is a kind of aircon-lite.