Old December 20th 11, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default New boris bus breaks down

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:24:45 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
One wonders what the non-stop range is on a hot day with a full load
and the air conditioning at full stretch.

It doesn't matter if much of the time it's stuck at traffic lights,
during which time it can recharge.

I suspect like most hybrids the battery on its own can't power the vehicle for
more than a few miles so I can't believe that the system can't power the
vehicle on the generator alone. I suspect a fault.

There's a bit more work required before this technology is optimised.

There's probably a trade off between fuel economy and not wrecking the engine
and DPF. Even a specially optimised diesel engine won't appreciate being
started up and stopped dozens of times a day especially if it never really
gets up to working temperature.

B2003