Old December 20th 11, 09:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Bob Bob is offline

Default Modern double deck trams

On Dec 20, 11:43*am, "Roger Traviss"
wrote:
Though even the euro double deckers (or at least the ones I've been on in
france) are really at the limit of practicality. The top deck is rather
low height and the curved sides impinge quite noticably. Its only really
in
the USA that you get proper double deckers.

And Canada.

There are other countries on this side of the pond with Canada being the
largest.

And of course the largest DD rolling stock of the lot are the formerly
Hawker Siddeley now Bombardier cars developed for GO. I've only
ridden on them in Vancouver, but they were very generously sized. I
hear some are used south of 49 too.

Robin