Old February 16th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
DaveG73 DaveG73 is offline

Default Bus driver training?

Please dont tar us all with the same brush.
I for one am quite happy to lower my ramp for a wheelchair user, particularly
when it means upsetting some woman with a baby in a pushchair, who seems to
think that they have a right to use the bus ahead of everyone else, despite the
fact that there is limited space for the storage of unfolded pushchairs.

Please don't take this as a hatred of people with pushchairs, the majority of
them are reasonable people, however, the small minority really grey the area
for me.

They really should appreciate the fact that they are lucky to have low floor
easy access buses, where I come from originally maybe 1 in 10 buses have this
facility, so perhaps unsurprisingly, people actually fold up their pushchairs
to get on buses.