Old December 20th 11, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default New boris bus breaks down

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message , at 20:20:28 on Mon,
19 Dec 2011, Richard J. remarked:

Er, what air conditioning?

I was sure I'd seen a reference to air conditioning in this thread,
but the only one I can find is on londonist. It's not mentioned in
the TfL press release. But the windows don't open! Are they really
intending to run a new bus in summer without air conditioning AND
with no means of opening any window? Perhaps this is another reason
for having an open rear platform, except it won't always be open.

I've seen reference to "air chillers", which is a kind of aircon-lite.

I think the driver's cab has full a/c.