Old December 20th 11, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
George George is offline

Default New boris bus breaks down

On Dec 19, 5:54*pm, "Richard J." wrote:
Roland Perry wrote on 19 December 2011 17:29:16 ...

And in other news, it seems it's a perpetual motion machine in London:

* * * * *"Transport for London (TfL) said the bus recharged its battery
* * * * *using energy from its brakes, but on long journeys had to run on
* * * * *diesel."

But I'm glad I diagnosed the problem correctly (there's some value in an
engineering degree after all!):

* * * * *"However when the bus undertakes long, non-stopping motorway
* * * * *journeys, such as its journey to Bedfordshire this morning, it
* * * * *can lose charge and the driver is briefed to pull to the side of
* * * * *the road to allow the battery to recharge."

London to Bedfordshire is not a "long" journey. *And briefing the driver
to stop on a motorway is tantamount to inciting a criminal offence. *A
vehicle that is not able to drive from London to Luton on a motorway
should not be allowed on a motorway at all.

One wonders what the non-stop range is on a hot day with a full load and
the air conditioning at full stretch.
--
Richard J.

But you won't know that a vehicle is unable to drive from London to
Luton on a motorway until................................oh yes you
attempt to drive it from London to Luton on a motorway.

Let's face it vehicles break down everyday on motorways for one reason
or another, hardly a big deal is it?