Old December 20th 11, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default New boris bus breaks down

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message
,
at 08:52:43 on Tue, 20 Dec 2011, George
remarked:
"Transport for London (TfL) said

when the bus undertakes long, non-stopping motorway
journeys, such as its journey to Bedfordshire this morning, it
can lose charge and the driver is briefed to pull to the side of
the road to allow the battery to recharge."

But you won't know that a vehicle is unable to drive from London to
Luton on a motorway until................................oh yes you
attempt to drive it from London to Luton on a motorway.

It sounds like TfL had an idea it would run out of battery; I wonder
if it has a "miles to empty" display [for the battery] like my ten
year old petrol car does [for the petrol]?

Even if it does, I suspect it's not well callibrated on this early
build/prototype model.

Let's face it vehicles break down everyday on motorways for one
reason or another, hardly a big deal is it?

Indeed, especially as this would seem to be an empty fuel tank rather
than anything more sinister.

Which might mean that the (diesel) fuel gauge is also innacurate in this
early model.