Old February 16th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Hearns John Hearns is offline

Default Talking Buses

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:31:33 +0000, Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:

Some of the buses in Geneva do this; I'm not sure how many, but the
Number 9 out to Meyrin/CERN/etc certainly does. I haven't seen them confused
very often, unlike the Northern Line trains that sometimes display stations
as if they were heading in the other direction or along another branch...

I know that bus well.
I wonder if it is a simple case of the driver pressing a button at each
stop?

Also look at the small TV monitors which show the door entrances to the
driver - they cut out when the bus is moving.