Old December 20th 11, 08:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Modern double deck trams

On 20/12/2011 21:20, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 20/12/2011 18:10, allantracy wrote:

Suppose you put together a vehicle that was as long as a NET LRV but
on two
decks. The downstairs could have minimal seating but maximise space for
pushchairs, disabled access etc. Seating would be upstairs; best of both
worlds. Nothing to stop you MU ing 2 or more if you wanted to.

I think it's technically feasible.

I just don't think we can remain in denial of the fact that the
resurgence of tramways in the UK owes everything to the light rail
concept.

I seriously doubt any city is going to build a 100% street running
tramway network, ever again.

Possibly for heritage, especially if you include pedestrianised streets
(see Istanbul).

Their light rail runs on street level all the way through, however.