Old December 21st 11, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Farewell To The Bendy Bus

In message , at 09:48:29 on Wed, 21 Dec
2011, d remarked:

The fare dodging issue is anything but fatuous!

Funny how everywhere else in europe copes.

It's easy to cope when the culture is different. Reminds me of a USA TV
show at the time of the London Riots which showed footage of looters
queuing up outside a small electrical store to relieve it of its stock.
The Americans were incredulous that they'd queue, rather than fight with
each other to get in first for the best stuff.

We are well known for queuing in the UK, but not so well known for
paying fares if we think we can avoid it. The usual excuse being "if
they can't be bothered to collect the money in a watertight fashion..."