Old December 21st 11, 11:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Stephen Allcroft Stephen Allcroft is offline

Default Modern double deck trams

On Dec 20, 5:13*pm, Neil Williams wrote:
On Dec 20, 6:01*pm, Sam Wilson wrote:

On all the corridor trains I've been on the floor in the gangways is
subject to extension or contraction as the couplings and/or buffers
react to stresses. *Granted it's not to the same degree as you'd get
with a DD tram, but it's not an entirely novel problem.

I'm pretty sure Stagecoach has or had some double-decker articulated
coaches with through connections at both levels. *I think they were
used on Megabus duties.

Neil

No, they have 15m rigid double deck and singles running sested
services and three 18m artic singles on the Glasgow-London Sleeper.

IIRR only Setra (1) Berkhof (1) and Neoplan (about five over ten
years) actually ever produced double-deck artics, an again IIRR most
of these only had an upper-deck corridor, ISTR that two of the
Neoplan Jumboliners are now registered in the UK as band-transports.