Old December 26th 11, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Pedicabs: a public nuisance on the public highway

On 26/12/2011 13:22, tim...... wrote:

wrote in message
On 25/12/2011 18:03, SteveL wrote:
Trouble is that there is no legal definition of a "rickshaw" or a
"pedicab", so they can't be banned or have regulations imposed on them.
Therefore, the only way to deal with this nuisance is to strictly
enforce as many existing regulations as possible against them.

They are a bit of an annoyance, aren't they? I have seen them roll up
to myself and others countless times to try and tout for business.
Their prices are also extortionate.

but are they extortionate when compared to black cabs for the distance
(I really have no idea, but I suspect not)

tim

Yes, I think they are. Many years ago, I wanted to use one to get from
Victoria Station to Earls Court. The guy wanted £50 up front.