Old February 16th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew P Smith Andrew P Smith is offline

Default Why People Won't Use Public Transport in London

In article om,
Grendel writes
In article , Robert Eves wrote:
do you still get the itinerant noise-merchant in the carriages?

Yes, especially on the District Line for some reason. I regularly take
it from East Putney to the City, and I often come across two scruffy
blokes with a guitar and a pair of bongos, who regail the passengers to
such home-grown classics as "You Can't Have A Shave In A Toilet".

I turn up my Minidisc and ignore them as best I can. I like to be left
in peace and quiet when travelling.

There is a major begging problem on the Picc from Heathrow to
Hammersmith with lots of begging gangs working the section of line'

I was going through one of the central London stations last week and
heard an announcement about beggars on the Northern causing service
problems by refusing to leave the train and fighting with Police and LU
staff.

Sorry, can't remember what station I was at - possibly KX?

I think that drivers should make regular announcements re beggars on the
trains asking people not to give money to them.

--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this