Old February 16th 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew P Smith Andrew P Smith is offline

Default Why People Won't Use Public Transport in London

In article , Robin May
writes
Andrew P Smith wrote the following in:

I think that drivers should make regular announcements re beggars
on the trains asking people not to give money to them.

I don't! The last thing I want to hear is another routine announcement
on top of the "We are currently operating a good service on..." ones.
Those ones are getting rather annoying, can't they make them only when
there are problems?

LU has been heavily criticised in the past for providing no information
to the passengers about problems. I agree with you that there are now
too many announcements about service etc but I feel an on train
announcement re beggars every 20 mins or so would not be amiss.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this