Old December 28th 11, 04:31 AM posted to nyc.transit,uk.transport.london

Default bus partitions

On Dec 27, 7:49*pm, "
wrote:
On 27/12/2011 23:49, Peter T. Daniels wrote:

On Dec 27, 6:21 pm,
wrote:
On 27/12/2011 22:57, Neil Williams wrote: *On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:00:55 -0800 (PST), wrote:
SEPTA, unlike NYC, accepts dollar bills on its buses. I don't know
why NYC's fareboxes aren't set up to handle that.

The US could really, really do with $1, $2 and $5 coins for this sort of
purpose. I genuinely do not understand why people are so resistant.

Neil

They do have one-dollar coins and they and TVMs in New York City
regularly dispense them as change.

The interesting thing is that they have minted a few different series to
ease use since the late 1970s, when the Susan B. Anthony dollar replaced
the Eisenhower dollars, which were almost as big as a five-pound coin.

They were the size silver dollars had been for generations.

I didn't quite understand you.-

The Susie B's were made in a much smaller, but thick and many-sided,
size so as to make them more convenient for the pocket. (It didn't
help.)