Old December 28th 11, 04:48 AM posted to nyc.transit,uk.transport.london

Default bus partitions

On Dec 27, 9:49*pm, wrote:
On Dec 27, 5:09*pm, Bolwerk wrote:

SEPTA, unlike NYC, accepts dollar bills on its buses. *I don't know
why NYC's fareboxes aren't set up to handle that.

Because it's time consuming and a pain in the ass. *Dropping change in
is easy and you can use dollar coins - though I suppose the downside to
dollar coins is about the only place I can readily find them is in
transit vending machines.

You answered your own post. *Dollar coins are not easy to find.
Further, many independent merchants dislike them because they're too
easily confused with quarters. *Chain store clerks gotta take them,
but sometimes they think you gave them a quarter.

Supposedly dollar coins are easy for vision-impaired to tell apart,
but the men who service our vending machines absolutely despise them,
so as a courtesy I don't use them in our machines.

Just read the mint cancelled production of more dollar coins since the
warehouses are jammed.

They're going to still make Presidential Dollars, to complete the set,
but only enough for the collector demand, not the millions of others
that were supposed to be circulating.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen a single National Parks quarter and
they've been coming out for two years now -- whereas the State
quarters showed up in change almost immediately, except for the
Territories of 2009. I finally got a DC but none of the others.