Old December 29th 11, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow Free Travel Area

In message , at 11:28:48 on Thu, 29 Dec
2011, tim...... remarked:
"Journeys solely between Heathrow Terminals 123, Heathrow Terminal 4
and Heathrow Terminal 5 will be free for all Oyster card and Oyster
photocard holders"

And how many airline passengers have Oyster cards? Maybe they
should install vending machines in the baggage reclaim areas.

Are you sure that's a real issue?

I don't think many of the travellers changing flights will bother to
queue up and get an Oyster card once they've reached the tube station.

but why will the majority changing flight go land side in the first place

Why offer the free landside transfer if there's no demand for it?

(I did a landside transfer in 2010, because I arrived long haul and was
departing short haul to Europe, on un-associated airlines, and with
several hours to kill).