Old December 29th 11, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow Free Travel Area

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 13:49:00 on
Thu, 29 Dec 2011, Paul Corfield remarked:
And how many airline passengers have Oyster cards?

Quite a few I would imagine, given the number of people living in
Greater London who have them and who might well be flying out of
Heathrow.

And the thousands and thousands of staff who work in and around
Heathrow.

Why are the staff taking trains from one terminal to another? If their job
requires moving around the airport I'd expect the employer to provide an
[airside] alternative.

Not everyone has an airside pass. In fact, these days, they try and
restrict the number.