Old December 30th 11, 05:09 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Lüko Willms[_2_] Lüko Willms[_2_] is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Am 29.12.2011 22:25, schrieb The Real Doctor:
On 29/12/11 21:05, Lüko Willms wrote:
The thing is that railway workers are workers, and not so easily purged
as all the professors at the university and journalists in the media.

And if there is one group who should know about purging, it's apologists
for Stalinism.[1]

Whatever; the purge in the ex-GDR was of a magnitude which exceeded
everything ever experienced under the rule of a stalinist burocrady.

I bow, Comrade Willms, to your superior knowledge of such things.

You have comrades? You make me laugh.

My knowledge is "superior" simply because I stick to the facts and
not to propaganda. That is the contradiction between us.

Herr Dr Ian

[1] Soviet railway workers were purged by an NKVD order of 29th July 1937

Were they? All of them?

Herr Schnell wants to "purge" ALL railway workers in Berlin (at least
those working for the S-Bahn), making them unemployed (which means in
today's Germany to fall quickly into 'Hartz4'). Some of them might be
re-employed, says Herr Schnell, after a new selective process of
recruitment, even for those who have decades of experience in operating
the S-Bahn network.

L.W.