Old December 30th 11, 09:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could it

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 00:22:20 +0000 (UTC)
Hans-Joachim Zierke wrote:
schrieb:

People are not dumb cattle and will not just sit on a train with no
information forever if they can get out and continue their journey on foot.
This has happened in the UK a number of times and train operators need to

take
human behaviour into account when failures happen. Just expecting people to
sit and wait for an indeterminate period of time and do nothing is moronic.

I think that this here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRhNAql6foA
qualifies for "moronic".

If you listen at 0:29 it says a message from the conductor asked them to leave
the train and the doors were opened onto the track, not the platform. So it
wasn't the passengers fault. Unless my french language isn't as good as I
thought.

B2003