Old December 31st 11, 06:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Hans-Joachim Zierke[_3_] Hans-Joachim Zierke[_3_] is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could it

d schrieb:

If you listen at 0:29 it says a message from the conductor asked them to leave
the train and the doors were opened onto the track, not the platform. So it
wasn't the passengers fault.

That's one version. The other and more plausible version, which was
reported back then, went like this: Passengers were asked to walk to the
nearby platform, and doors released on the other side.

Adventurous youth then opened the trackside doors by emergency handle,
and cattle followed the leaders.

I don't know which version is true. I think that there will be a report
by the safety authorities, but I don't speak French.

Anyway: As soon as you ask passengers to leave the train, you have to
expect scenes like this, because even a well-staffed train never has
enough crew for crowd control.

Therefore, it's always "shutdown of traffic" as soon as there are
passengers on the tracks.

Hans-Joachim

--

Frieda Uffelmann * 15. August 1915 â€* 9. Dezember 2011

http://zierke.com/private/tante_frie...abgestellt.jpg