Old January 1st 12, 09:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Hans-Joachim Zierke[_3_] Hans-Joachim Zierke[_3_] is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

Wolfgang Schwanke schrieb:

Are you Lüko's twin? That's a silly question. I would say things were
best at the end of the 1990s when the system was reunified and new
extensions had been added, but the adverse effects of privatisation
hadn't had time to kick in yet. Things have gone downhill since.

"Downhill" could be marked with the scrapping of not just the old museum
trains, but GDR trains of the late 80s, stripping the S-Bahn of any
reserve.

An example for the arrogance of West-German managers. Yes, sure, they
were technically inferior, but wiser people would have put them into
storage yards.

Now they have lost tentousands of passengers per day, with no other
reason than "we don't need that GDR junk".

Hans-Joachim

--

Frieda Uffelmann * 15. August 1915 â€* 9. Dezember 2011

http://zierke.com/private/tante_frie...abgestellt.jpg