Old January 1st 12, 11:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
The Real Doctor The Real Doctor is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

On 31/12/11 12:55, Lüko Willms wrote:

Oh, talk about the Malvinas Islands, Ireland, what have you.

The Falklands? Yes, happy to talk about them.

I think it was just as daft for Britain to assume that it had the right
to rule a smaller island of its coast as it is for the Argentina to
assume it has the right to rule a small island off its coast.

If the inhabitants of the Falklands were to show a clear majority desire
to join Argentina, I'd be happy to wish them buena suerte, and if the
inhabitants of NI were to show a clear majority desire to join the
Republic then luck maith to them too.

Now, explain again why you think that the USSR had the right to colonize
and suppress Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, East Germany, Hungary,
Bulgaria and Czechoslovakia for decades?

Ian