Old January 2nd 12, 05:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
The Real Doctor The Real Doctor is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

On 02/01/12 11:57, Lüko Willms wrote:
No, I mean people like you are are nostalic of the past imperialist
glories of their masters,

Nope.

of Hitler,

Don't be silly. I'm not the one claiming that Hitler's aggression was
prompted by a desire to free the oppressed of the British empire.

of the British Empire (which is
still creating "commanders", I read in today's paper),

Indeed. Hideously embarassing, and I wish we'd stop doing it.

of "Algerie
Française", slavery, the genocide of the American Indians, the Spanish
Inquisition, and what have you.

Soviet colonialism in central and eastern Europe? Chinese colonialism in
Tibet? Argetinian colonialism in the Atlantic?

Ian