Old February 18th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Wilson Tony Wilson is offline

Default Lihuanian cars

Just a query... I often see foreign cars on the streets of London, but why
is it that the vast majority are from Lithuania?? I know there are doubtless
Lithuanians in London, but there are certainly fewer than there are French,
German, Dutch etc. and I would have thought they would be very unlikely to
bring a car here for a holiday.

So, what's it all about? Is there some import scam, or a trade in their
number plates to get around Congestion Charging, or what?

Thanks