Old February 18th 04, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Lihuanian cars

Tony Wilson wrote:

Just a query... I often see foreign cars on the streets of London, but why
is it that the vast majority are from Lithuania?? I know there are doubtless
Lithuanians in London, but there are certainly fewer than there are French,
German, Dutch etc. and I would have thought they would be very unlikely to
bring a car here for a holiday.

So, what's it all about? Is there some import scam, or a trade in their
number plates to get around Congestion Charging, or what?

Where do you live?

I'm in East London, and there are loads of Poles, Latvians and
Lithuanians living round here, and they have cars.

I've never thought it was anything more sinister than that. I certainly
haven't seen as many in other parts of London (well, plenty round Ealing
too).