Old January 3rd 12, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Aggressive man in Bayswater

redcat wrote on 03 January 2012 15:30:26 ...
Seems to me if someone hounds you for money, follows you, and you give
him money, that is very aggressive behavior.

Maybe writing about a July incident in October has dulled some of the
original poster's impressions. Also, she is now far, far away not only
in time but place.

I was badgered in a public parking lot by an aggressive man and his
friend saying they were watching my car and now wanted payment for this.

I know what begging is, and I know what mugging is.

As I said in my original reply, "What would you do if he confronted you?"

I didn't ask you to soothe me (it was JUly) or to tell me off (it was
July! and it's a big city! Eff that. This n.g. has members that make a
sport of ignoring questions/points in posts and telling users off. Don't
know why that is.)

I asked what you, the other readers of this group, would do. And would
the police care if some guy was out there being aggressive. If you would
like to answer my questions, please do.

Asking a non-transport-related off-topic question in a transport group
does not entitle you to answers. Whether the police would care depends
on whether they thought the behaviour aggressive. I've already
explained why I think it wasn't.

What I would do? I would say no thanks and move on, which appears to be
what her partner did, and that was the end of the incident.

If you just want to try to put me down, well then go ahead and waste
your time. But do preface your reply as such so I won't waste my time
trying to look for sense in it.

Then don't waste the time of this NG with off-topic posts.
--
Richard J.