Old February 18th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default New Tax Discs

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:43:10 GMT, Nigel wrote:
Does anyone know what information the bar-code on the new style Tax
Discs stores and who has access to reading the code.

I got a new tax disc today and I've just scanned the bar code.

It appears to be a type 128 code and has a 14 digit number encoded.
The last 10 digits match the number across the top of the disc. In
my case the first 4 digits are 0905 for a disc that runs out at the
end of Feb next year. 0205 would have seemed more obvious.

David