Old January 3rd 12, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Petrov[_2_] Martin Petrov[_2_] is offline

Default Tfl Bus Service Changes During Olympic Games

If I lived near an Olympic venue or somewhere that's reasonably
predictable to be transport corridor I'd be expecting Olympic fortnight
to be a bit like Cup Final day in Wembley, the Millennium and a 14-day
London marathon street closure all rolled into one, and large areas
becoming essentially no-go areas.

Well, I *do* live 15 mins walk from the main site, and to be honest, I'm
not expecting things to be hugely different to normal, at least on the
roads - I expect pretty much everyone who comes to Stratford will come
via tube or train. And if there's a part of town that's able to cope with
100,000 people descending on it over the course of a day via public
transport, then it's Stratford.

Lets not forget, if Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, QPR, Brentford, Orient,
Palace and Charlton are all at home on a Saturday (which probably happens
multiple times a season), then there's 150,000+ people moving around
sporting venues in London - which is probably in the order of people
moving around London during the Olympics on a daily basis, and NONE of
those stadiums have anything like the tube links of the Olympic Park.