Old February 18th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
james007 james007 is offline

Default Any updates on Piccadilly Line services to Heathrow?

In article ,
(Steve Dulieu) wrote:

Did the driver on P4 make an announcement that the P3 train
would depart first?

I could here them perfectly clearly before I alighted from the rear

At Arnos Grove, they occasionally make announcements that Platform 3 is
the next train to London. Nobody moves. They then say "The next train to
London is platform 3, the middle platform". Then, everyone moves.

Did the driver actually say "The train opposite is the first train"?
Nobody knows the platform numbers on the tube - indeed, it never occurred
to me that there would be platform numbers.