Old July 17th 03, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bagpuss Bagpuss is offline

Default the quest for safety

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:41:52 +0000 (UTC), "W K"
wrote:

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
.. .
On 17 Jul 2003 07:41:59 GMT, Ian G Batten
wrote:

In article ,
Cast_Iron wrote:
Unlike now when a juggernaught driver can "lose it" and run into a shop
front squashing a pavement full of women and children on the way.

I believe that lorries can kill men too. But that's not as emotive, is
it?

I think its the first proper instance of Hugh's Law in action.

It was a bus queue. Its even more silly to try to get emotive about people
who want to go places by bus.

The lorry did cross a road though, so perhaps you could get emotive about it
potentially scratching someone's car.

No, cos I really would't give a flying feck if it crushed a few cars
or so. Thats the sort of thing anti car weenies like to think car
drivers would get upset about. I don't know many who would give a
stuff. Insurance would sort the mess out anyhow.

Personally the more the merrrier. At least it would provide a 15
second slot on kirsty's home videos.

Having said that, the incident demolished a house too, but only some
northern terraced thing.

Pitty the truck wasn't darn sarf. Poor darlings would be crying about
the devaluation of property. Some places near here a manged truck
lying in the front room would probably double the value of the house.
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not