Old January 6th 12, 10:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could it happen here...??

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:23:09 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

On Jan 6, 6:08 pm, Charles Ellson wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:09:38 +0000, The Real Doctor
[...]
Mind you, I think I was wrong, anyway, 'cos Scotrail is run by First, isn't it,

IIRC only on the basis they are the only current contractor/franchisee
for the services covered by that brand.

Which is a somewhat long winded way of saying 'yes' !

It depends what direction you are coming from. The Scottish Government
could also be said to be "running ScotRail" by way of having
franchised the services included in the brand. Had e.g. the sleepers
gone to someone else then there could have been two companies
"running" ScotRail.