Old January 7th 12, 10:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Ross[_3_] Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could it happen here...??

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 02:21:53 -0800 (PST) [UTC], Neil Williams wrote:
On Jan 4, 11:51*pm, Ross wrote:

In any case, the Germans seem to consider DB AG to be "privatised",
where we would (in layman's terms) say it is a "nationalised company"
or possibly that it has been "vested as a trading company" if we were
trying to be clever (and that's probably the wrong description anyway,
so we wouldn't be being that clever!).

That sounds about right to me - unfortunately Lueko won't seem to
accept the difference, and instead insists that he and only he is
right.

I happened to be browsing uk.r threads from 2009 a couple of nights
back, for no particular reason, and came across threads including Lüko
being equally as overbearing, insulting and frankly idiotic as he is
being in this thread. Leopards don't change their spots.

I've decided that as there is no point attempting any form of
constructive discourse with Lüko, I shall treat him the same way as I
do Tony Polson: I shall ignore him until he posts something which
requires correction in the interests of any future readers who may
think he knows what he's talking about.

So it seems that in the UK what matters is who owns it, whereas in
Germany what matters is what structure is used to define its
ownership. Each to their own, I suppose.

I think that's a good summary, and an equally good explanation of why
there's so much confusion between the two "camps" until someone steps
in and defines terms.
--
Ross

Speaking for me, myself and I. Nobody else
- unless I make it clear that I am...