Old January 8th 12, 02:07 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Ross[_3_] Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could it happen here...??

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:33:13 -0800 (PST) [UTC], ian batten wrote:
On Jan 7, 11:26*pm, Ross wrote:

2) Assuming he did, and that he was foolish enough to fire any gay
person on the grounds of sexuality, the lawyers would have been onto
him even faster

Discrimination on grounds of sexuality was legal up until shamefully
recently.

Wiki suggests 2003, which surprises me as I thought it was rather
earlier.

Perhaps BR was ahead of the pack; it was one of the variants of
discrimination the railway claimed not to accept in the supervisory
course I did back in early 1997 (a Central TOU/CTL course, but using
"BR" course material, as many courses did at that time).

("BR" being shorthand for something cross-sector by that time)
--
Ross

Speaking for me, myself and I. Nobody else
- unless I make it clear that I am...