Old January 9th 12, 06:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.europe
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Complete (almost) Shutdown of Berlin Train System - could ithappen here...??

On 08/01/2012 22:48, Alistair Gunn wrote:
In uk.railway Arthur Figgis twisted the electrons to say:
There is tight security on the bits of Spain physically situated in
Africa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melilla_border_fence

Ah, yes ... The wonderfully inconsistent part of Spanish policy! It's
only wrong for a country to have an exclave within another country if the
second country is Spain?

And there is also a little bit of Spain entirely within France.

But I stand corrected on the mines issue ...

The Finnish border had a cleared strip and fences when I passed, I
suspect there might be tight security there?

Presumably that the Finnish-Russian border?

Yup.

Or do the same conditions
apply at the Finnish-Norwegian one too? (Honest question, I could see
reasons why it could be either way now I think about it.)

Don't know.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK