Old January 10th 12, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Farewell To The Bendy Bus

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:17:15 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 09:48:29AM +0000, d wrote:
On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:38:15 -0800 (PST)
George wrote:
Getting these unsuitable buses in the first place was the worst
example of political dogma over common sense that I've ever seen.

There was nothing unsuitable about them. I've seen loads of them at victoria

Yes, queueing outside the bus station!

You mean unlike all the double deckers that queue too?

what was the problem? People wibble on about london being special - there is
nothing special about london. Its streets are no narrower or more curvy than
a lot of european cities. Anyone who thinks bendybuses have a hard time here
should see them navigate their way around the centre of Metz in France!

Metz is a small town, you can't sensibly compare it to London.

Of course you can , its the size of the streets that matter , not the size
of the town.

FYI I saw bendy buses navigating this street with little problem:

http://g.co/maps/spjnn

If they can manage to get around the old part of Metz there's no problem
with them getting around London. The only issue they had was that certain
vested interest groups + Boris decided they didn't like them from the get go
for whatever political reasons. No one ever bothered to asked the people that
actually mattered - ie the passengers.

B2003