Old February 19th 04, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Talking Buses

On 18 Feb 2004, Henry Nebrensky wrote:

More to the point, though, I suspect it's a lot more obvious to
everybody what the name of the bus stop should be. I've no idea what the
offical names for most of the stops I use are, beyond it's often not the
"landmark" I'd have chosen. Automated announcements only help if the
person giving you directions knew the name of the bus stop...

To be fair, the names are on the bus maps. Also, if the names were read
out constantly, people would learn them pretty quickly.

tom

--
Who would you help in a fight, Peter van der Linden or Bill Gates?